Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I need to De-Stress

The day did not start well. It wasn't even noon yet but my head was already pounding. Not a healthy sign. But what to do? Several stressful situations were coming up one after the other. I knew my face was already pinched by lunchtime and I felt like screaming STOP! My blood pressure must have spiked then. It did not help that I was prescribed progesterone pills to induce menses because I had a condition. The menses was coming, no doubt, whether I wanted it or not.

I forgot to eat. Bad, bad, bad. Well, I finally had my pasta with pesto sauce around 2:30 p.m.
I finished about 2 mugs of warm water. By then I must have gone to the john four or five times. Not good when you have your period and you need lots of fluids. Thankfully, the office was quiet for most of the time I was in a snit. And through simple breathing, relaxing and praying, I got over the stress little by little. I laughed some and that felt good.

I'm still stressed out, I know. I can feel it especially around my shoulder blades and my temples. I really need to de-stress soon. Until that time I can afford to go have a massage, it'll have to be breathing exercises for me. Aaa-uuhmmm...

No comments: